Pilates is a great way to get strong and stay fit during pregnancy and the safe way to shift back into exercise postpartum. Every class at tru is led by highly qualified instructors, trained in prenatal techniques, so our pregnant clients can join any of our group classes and still enjoy a safe and effective workout.
For your postpartum program, it is very important to return to Pilates safely at an appropriate pace. We offer our tru Strong Happy Mama class on Wednesdays at 10:30 am. These classes are open to mothers of small children, and our prenatal clients as well. You can join as a new client, but we strongly recommend that you Buy our Strong Mama Sessions if you have any specific issues or injuries. We encourage our postpartum clients to return to more advanced reformer classes slowly to ensure a healthy recovery.
Going back to an exercise routine before you are ready can lead to pain and pelvic floor issues down the road. Make sure you start motherhood on the right foot, and schedule with us to benefit from our specialized training and techniques.
- Promote a strong, comfortable, active pregnancy
- Strengthen your abs, low back, and pelvic floor
- Address common pregnant discomforts, including back and pelvic pain
- Prepare you for labor
- Help you tune your body mechanics for the new tasks of wearing, carrying and nursing your newborn
- Address diastasis (ab separation)
- Address pelvic pain and incontinence
- Strengthen and relax your muscles, all within the same refreshing workout
"Pilates helped during my pregnancy by stretching and strengthening crucial muscles that I needed to keep me balanced. After my baby was born via C-section and I was cleared to return to exercise, the truPilates staff was able to tailor my sessions to begin strengthening, while being safe." -Ashleigh P.